Had the sad / unfortunate experience to watch someone crash & burn recently. To protect the privacy & feelings of innocent 3rd parties, I'm obscuring all the details, though I will say while the person in question did some things wrong, they also did some things right & deserve credit for that. The key points:
- Your sins will find you out. This is especially true in the Internet age.
- It's never the crime, it's always the cover-up.
- That being said, don't do the crime if you can't do the time.
- If you make a record of something, you are giving tacit approval to share it with the world.
- If you make a digital record, sharing with the world is compulsory.
- Do nothing you aren't willing to share with the world.
- Handles create a false sense of security.
- Nothing is ever as it seems.
- If you can't answer a personal question with "Yeah, so?" you are doing something wrong.