God Knows All About You & Your Sins: Past, Present, & Futureby Buzz on 10/02/2013
from Fritz Lang’s
I’ve stated this before,
I will state it again,
I will doubtless state it more in the future:
God is a being
who transcends time and space
as we humans comprehend it.
It is always Right Now for God.
By that I mean He is experiencing everything that has / is / will happen simultaneously all the time forever.
To Him, there is no moment in the past when you were born; to Him you are constantly being born and He is able to devote an infinite amount of attention to that precise moment.
To Him, there is no moment in the present where you are reading these words; to Him you are constantly reading these words and He is able to devote an infinite amount of attention to this precise moment.
To Him, there is no moment in the future when your physical body will die; to Him your body is constantly dying and He is able to devote an infinite amount of attention to that precise moment.
He knows every sin you have / are / will commit…
- He knows what you did to that little kid when we were first graders.
- He knows about the lie you told that kept a class mate from getting a grade that would have made a difference in their college of choice accepting them.
- He knows about that money you stole from work.
- He knows about you cheating on your spouse.
- He knows what you’re going to do next year when the opportunity to embezzle is presented to you again.
- He knows how you’re going to vote an innocent person guilty simply because they’re one of “them”.
- He knows about every lie you will spread in His name to create barriers between Him and those He desires to save.
He knows you & I are liars.
He knows you & I are cowards.
He knows you & I are thieves.
He knows you & I are far, far worse.
He knows every sin you & I have / are / will commit…
…and He loves us anyway,
He forgives us anyway,
He saves us anyway.
God does not condemn or punish us.
We condemn and punish ourselves
by rejecting His love and salvation.
Can we knock it off with all the judgmentalism?
Can we knock it off with all the fear and hate?
Can we just recognize none of us are perfect
and be willing to forgive one another’s shortcomings
and work harder to avoid hurting other people?
Is that really so hard?